четверг, 22 октября 2015 г.

VAN GAAL TARGETS TWO MORE WINS IN GROUP B

Louis van Gaal feels two more victories will secure Manchester United's safe passage into the UEFA Champions League's last 16, following his side's 1-1 away draw with CSKA Moscow.

The Reds are in second place with four points from three games, while Wolfsburg are the leaders at this halfway point in Group B after beating PSV Eindhoven 2-0 in Germany. Goals in the second half from Bas Dost and Max Kruse gave the hosts their second victory of the campaign so far, adding to their opening win over CSKA in mid-September.
United will now have back-to-back home games in the Champions League, beginning with CSKA's visit to Old Trafford on Tuesday 3 November.
When asked in his post-match press conference about the state of play, van Gaal said: "I have said already yesterday that I would be happy with a draw. That is because I know we have two home matches, and we are very strong at home. So I hope that we can win these games, and then we are nearly qualified or we are already qualified depending on other results.

"I think we are on schedule, despite the defeat against PSV, which I still think was a little strange. I don’t have to describe that defeat."

0 коммент. :

Отправить комментарий